Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Woombie Saves My Night

C has never been a good sleeper.  In his life of 3 months, 22 days he has never slept through the night, or even half of the night.  With this being said, I have taken it as my life's work to find a tool that will help him (and me) sleep better.
We have tried the "Swaddle Wrap," which velcros around him.  He got out.
We tried the "Miracle Blanket," which he miraculously slept a few hours before escaping and peeing all over it to ensure I didn't re-wrap him.
We are now on to the "Woombie."  This thing kind of looks like a sleeper, but with no arms and legs.  My husband says that it looks like a strait jacket.  So, last night, I was in the middle of doing laundry and both Woombies (we have 2, a newborn and a big baby) were dirty. C did not go to sleep until I had him in his Woombie, at 11:30 at night!
Then last night, he wet through his "Big Baby" Woombie.
I hand washed it to ensure that it would be ready for tonight.  Alas, when I went to zip my little boy in, it was wet!  I tried putting him in his newborn one, but he has outgrown it almost overnight!
I quickly sent my husband down to the laundry room to dry the wet one...  After 30 minutes, it was still wet and C was in the jumperoo, irritable and tired but not going to sleep.  Hubby tried to blow dry it to no avail.  Finally, he put it on the radiator.  Still slightly damp, I zipped a very upset Coby into his Woombie.  Within minutes, he was asleep.
Hail to the Woombie, my hero.

1 comment:

  1. You might consider night time diapers. He may also not be sleeping because the clothes get wet.

    That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete