Monday, March 21, 2011

Worried About C's Test

I just got a call from the Children's Hospital and they have scheduled C for his renal scan Wednesday.  I am so nervous.  They told me that he has to get an IV and lasix and then he will be in the scanner for about an hour. They said that I can be close enough to talk to him during that time, but not touch.  He is going to be so scared and hysterical!  My poor baby, he will have no idea why his mama is not touching him.  How can I make him feel secure?

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds awful! Will they at least let you put something in there that smells like you, a worn tshirt or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... That might help, although all my t-shirts smell like him- drool and baby puke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you guys tomorrow. Bring an adult book to read aloud, so he can focus on your calm, steady voice and so you can focus on something other than your baby to stay calm and steady for him. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete