Thursday, March 31, 2011

Boobies

It is midnight and my husband and child are both in bed.  Why am I still up, you might ask... I am pumping.  I pump in the morning when I am feeding C. his cereal, again in the evening while he eats, and then after he is in bed.  When I am pumping, I am chained to this machine.  If he cries or fusses, I cannot get to him fast enough and also it interrupts my flow, if you get my drift.  I have a hard enough time getting the milk out of my boobies that it is not conducive to pumping if I have to stop and start again.  My hubby is in charge during the late night pump, all that is required is that he re-plug the monster if he should awaken.

Tonight, my hubby decided that he "deserves" a night out to have a few beers with his friends.  Ok, I get that he works all day and would like to get out occasionally... Me too.  But I am at home with C. so how hard do I work, right?  So I quickly run down and grab the laundry from the dryer so he can go out. We don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment so I have to go in the basement.  After he leaves, I am folding and folding and folding... I just switched C. into his 6 month clothes.  Half of it was still damp!  I can't bring it back down, so I drape laundry all over the furniture.  I give up.

He just came home, and now I am pumping... I shut off the monitor so he will have to take some responsibility.  Uh oh, I just heard C. crying... How long before he comes and gets me?

4 comments:

  1. I HATE pumping too but Truitt refuses a bottle so I just do it a few times a week to have some when it's time to make babyfood with. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of pumping right now either. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that my LO has been an eating machine at pretty much every 2 hours. So the last thing I want to do is more!!

    @Samantha - that's a good idea and one I hadn't thought of yet. Oh joy! more pumping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and since hubby got his night out. When is he taking over for the night and giving you a night out???

    ReplyDelete
  4. He SAYS that I get to go out Monday night, after bath time, and he will give C. his bottle and put him to bed. Where am I going to go and with whom? I have no friends here... So I'll go to Target alone? Pathetic!

    ReplyDelete